03 Dec Next Steps for Admitted Pupils. April is just a busy month for an admission therapist
When deciding which college to wait for the following four years, its therefore valuable to visit the educational school you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting many different schools throughout the springtime of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a pupil on each campus. What would I eat at the hall that is dining? Where would my classes be located? Whom would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. I encourage our admitted students to take benefit of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision what your USC experience could possibly be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until might 1, we already have pupils asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you decide to come to USC, listed here is an outline for the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on line at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, in the event that you have not already. Visit the Financial Aid section of our site for lots more information on how to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you presented your application, thus you have a better chance of getting the sort of housing you want the sooner you apply. Even if you are maybe not 100% sure you are visiting USC next year, it is possible to submit the housing application and $45 fee to keep your spot in line.
- Register to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a great opportunity to spend some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you will have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you are going to additionally create courses with a scholastic advisor. You will be in a position to join an Orientation program 5 7 company days once you submit your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your last school that is high and AP/IB exam results. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB high level exams. Visit our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC funds for the various AP and IB exams.
If you have concerns which are not covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are thrilled to help reply to your concerns and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but just what does which means that?
For starters, we have more international students than any private institution in the united states (15% in last year’s freshman course!). We believe that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a learning that is positive by allowing for various viewpoints and views to be highlighted within the class.
Certain courses themselves are even designed around providing pupils with the chance to connect to pupils from other countries. For example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called Overseas Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC pupils work collaboratively (via Skype) with pupils from ITAM, a top Mexican college, aswell as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software.
USC additionally ranks sixth within the nation for sending students abroad. You can expect 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. If you do not wish to remain away from USC for a long time, we additionally offer many summer programs. For instance, freshmen in the Marshall School of company have the opportunity to satisfy leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast destinations have actually included Shanghai https://shmoop.pro/, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can improve their Spanish language skills by spending a summer living with a bunch family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. To find out more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students also can do research abroad through programs such as for instance Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils utilizing the possibility to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For the couple of weeks, students will always be on-campus and investigate an issue that is global in scope. They then travel to your certain area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on breakthrough. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, simply to name a couple of!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Most recently, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we have already started to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on to expand its worldwide presence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern California, but our company is undoubtedly a place that is global!